Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sunday - Lifting

Richard mentioned a week or two back that I may need some help moving out of my apartment. If anyone is around on Sunday and could lend a hand that would be great. Richard will arrive with the moving van around 1pm. If people are interested in meeting for a run from here, along jericho/spanish banks, before hand let me know. We could also go for breakfast at Sophies (on 4th) after the run. If there is interest in the run/breakfast before the move we could meet at 10? If not, just show up for 1pm, if you are free.

The address is 2090 W 1st Ave, Apt #303. Corner of W 1st ave and Arbutus.

p.s. If you're running the marathon you're not allowed to lift anything. So, you can come hangout if you want, but we don't need anyone getting injured 1 week before the race.


7 comments:

  1. Errr, isn't everyone running the marathon? Well, myself and DG aren't, but one of us will be in Guelph. Might be in for the jog at 10 but likely just to help move at 1. Chat more Saturday. Lates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was kind of thinking the same Geoff. Hope you're feeling good and strong :p

    Despite being in the "marathon" group, I feel bad not helping out, though I dunno if I could actually make it out there on Sunday as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Hooch and my friend Anders will show as well, so you won't be alone Geoff. We can discuss plans on Saturday at the workout. But, I am only doing 6-8miles on Sunday morning. So, I don't really mind if the run/brunch doesn't happen. Hopefully the move will be pretty quick and painless and not take up too much of anyones day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After todays massive lower body plyometrics exercise routine(read: hideous 11.7mile run in snow) I'm good for some upper body work(lifting) to balance things out....and complete the full body misery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if it snows again tonight, and West Jet/YVR can't get their de-icing equipment to function properly, I may not be in Guelph on Sunday after all. Seriously, was it necessary to sit us on the plane for 2 hours before pulling the plug on the flight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, supposed to change to rain tonight through tomorrow. Hope it works pout for ya DGant.

    And slim...I actually enjoyed my 12 miles in the snow today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww..DGant, I hope the trip goes ok! Have a great race!!!

    I specifically remember almost getting stuck in Guelph after the snowstorm in 2007. I think the coaches were a lot more concerned than the rest of us.

    Slush cup today!!! Should make for a fun 8 mile tempo tomorrow! Are we still meeting at stanley park?

    ReplyDelete