Monday, August 16, 2010

Time to start lining up a schedule for the fall. Here will be the 2-week cycle for hard days we will follow;

Wed-(track, SFU or Coq.Ctr)-10k paced work
Sat-Stanley Pk-tempo run
Tue-Burnaby Lk or Mundy Pk -10k paced work
Fri-(track, SFU or Coq.Ctr)-5k paced work....or hills or monofartlek
Sun-Stanley Pk-long run+pick-up or long progression run

TWW are lined up to start getting into that rotation. Wed. is informal so discuss amongst yourselves about when/where.

I know RichardM has been nicknamed the "White Kenyan" but my Dad just gave me an old photo from the inauguaral Waterloo 10km(1978). This is post race & this was before they figured out it was not a good idea to run long races midday when it's 40degrees out. I look a little dehydrated and hereby claim to be the "original white kenyan".
http://www.scribd.com/doc/35992264/The-Original-White-Kenyan
Check out the cars....am I really that old.

3 comments:

  1. will anyone be going to burnaby lake for the w/o tomorrow at 530? i'd be into it if others will be there, otherwise i'll just do it on my own elsewhere.

    geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be out on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't make it any longer unfortunately. have a good one.

    ReplyDelete